Last Updated on August 1, 2023 by Emily Anna
After preparing various dishes using a frying pan, it is possible that it has become too dirty. And if you’ve tried different ways to to clean it but still if you’re unable to clean it properly.
Don’t worry, there are several proven ways to effectively clean a burnt pan. For example, you can clean it using baking soda, salt or or even vinegar to restore its cleanliness.
Allow me to share with you some methods that will enable you to effortlessly clean all types of burnt and greasy pans within minutes. Feel free to peruse this article to learn how to clean burnt frying pans.
How to Clean a Frying Pan
clean bottom of pans with vinegar and baking soda
To apply this method, follow the details below:
- Take a small quantity of baking soda.
Add the baking soda to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour vinegar over the baking soda and leave it for a few minutes to allow a good reaction.
- Take a soft sponge and rub it well on the bottom of the pan, moving from left to right and covering the rounded sides.
This method will magically clean the bottom of the pan, making it look completely new and shiny. However, do not use a steel sponge as it may cause scratches on the bottom. This method can easily clean the bottom of a heavily burnt pan in just a few minutes.
How to clean bottom of pans with vinegar
Vinegar has always been the top priority for cleaning pans. To clean a frying pan with vinegar, follow the steps below:
- Take a small amount of vinegar and add an equal amount of water to a bowl.
- Transfer the mixture into a spray bottle and spray it over the burnt part of the pan. Allow the vinegar to sit for a few minutes, enabling it to react with the burnt food and loosen the particles from the surface.
- After waiting for a few minutes, use a soft cloth or sponge to rub the sprayed area. This will not only remove the grease but also eliminate any leftover burnt food particles.
- Rinse with water and wash the pan thoroughly with a regular dishwasher. The entire process will only take a few minutes, leaving you with a perfectly sparkling frying pan.
Clean Burnt Bottom of Frying Pan with Vinegar and Salt
- Take a small amount of salt and sprinkle it on the bottom of the frying pan.
- Next, pour enough vinegar onto the salt, ensuring that it is completely moistened. Leave it like this for a while to allow for a good reaction.
- Now, using a sponge, rub the left and right sides of the pan vigorously. After rinsing with water, you can proceed to wash it thoroughly in a dishwasher. However, avoid using any harsh scrubbers during the washing process.
Clean with Boiling Water
Like other methods, this is also both inexpensive and easy for cleaning a burnt pan.
- Take a pot and fill it with a few inches of water. Heat the water.
- Once the water is warm enough to handle, pour it into the pan. This will help loosen any burnt or stuck food particles.
- Now, scrub the pan with a soft scrubber, then rinse it with normal water and wash it thoroughly in the dishwasher.
Lemon and Baking Soda
- Take two or three lemons and cut them into pieces.
- Take a small amount of baking soda and sprinkle it over the burnt food on the pan.
- Next, pour the lemon juice over the baking soda. Rub the baking soda and lemon juice mixture onto the pan thoroughly. Gradually, the pan will start to clean.
Furthermore, you will notice that within a few minutes, the pan will become completely shiny and clean, free from all kinds of marks, burnt food, and residue. You can try this method multiple times and achieve impressive results every time.
Note: Always remember to wear gloves on your hands as a precaution before using any cleaning method. This protects the skin of your hands.
How do you clean a burnt frying pan?
Pour a small amount of water into the pan and heat it on low flame. Allow the water to boil for a few minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and empty the water.
All grease and burnt food will be completely removed from the surface of the pan. Scrub the pan thoroughly with a scrubber and wash it with any regular soap. The burnt pan will become clean.
What is the easiest way to clean a frying pan?
Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on the burnt bottom of the pan. Add a small amount of vinegar and sprinkle it on the baking soda. With gloved hands, scrub the pan thoroughly with a scrubber.
Gradually, the burn marks will start to disappear. Now, you can wash the pan in a dishwasher or with regular soap and rinse it with water. The pan will be surprisingly clean and shiny.
How do you clean a frying pan without ruining it?
How do you clean a burnt pan without baking soda?
Take a small amount of vinegar and add an equal amount of water. Pour this mixture on the burnt pan and let it sit for a while.
This allows the vinegar to react with the surface of the pan and help remove the food residue. Scrub well with a soft cloth or scrubber. Rinse with water. The pan will be perfectly clean and shiny.
Now you know that cleaning a burnt pan is very easy. You can easily clean any type of frying pan using common household items such as baking soda, hot water, vinegar, lemon, and salt.
So go ahead, cook and enjoy without worrying about burnt frying pans. If you encounter burnt pots, simply apply one of these methods to easily solve the problem.